You are here: Home / Forum / RPG Group Discussions / Spokane/Northwest Non-Boffer LARP Group

Spokane/Northwest Non-Boffer LARP Group

by Hawke last modified Dec 12, 2015 11:05 PM
Up to RPG Group Discussions

Spokane/Northwest Non-Boffer LARP Group

Posted by Hawke at December 12. 2015

I will post updates and discussions for this group here.

I am interested in non-boffer LARPs, but there appears to currently be a complete dearth of any such groups in Spokane. So, based on recommendations from Professor Sarah Lynne Bowman, I am going to try forming a new LARP group.
We will be trying out various systems/settings with adventures that last about 1-3 sessions each, over the next several months, until we finally settle on some favorites.

I have 5 players already on board (that do not use Meetup). But it wouldn't hurt to have a few more on board for those interested in trying something new.

Our first LARP will be "The Hirelings" By Håken Lid and Ole Peder Giæver. Genre: Comic fantasy
Time: 3 hours
Players: 3-10 players and 2 game masters
Workload: Light
Playing style: Light hearted The Premise: In a world of perilous adventure and dark dungeons filled with precious riches, one group of aspiring adventurers are having their first day in a new job, and it’s not quite working out as planned. The Hirelings is a role playing game in which you play out the preparations and the aftermath of a failed dungeon crawl.

The game is divided into five parts: A pre-game workshop, three acts describing the preparations, the implementation and the aftermath of a dungeon crawl, and finally an epilogue and allotment of experience points. The Hirelings draws heavily upon cliches from fantasy role playing games such as Dungeons & Dragons, video games, comics and fantasy literature. In addition there are also elements from modern life, like job interviews, group therapy, sports and team building. The characters in the game are all novice adventurers, who are preparing to head out on their first real quest.

This seemed an appropriate start for a bunch LARP newbies, that are coming from tabletop RPG.

We haven't nailed down a date yet, but location is likely my (Hawke's) house in North Spokane (near Whitworth & Five Mile Prairie).
As far as frequency we may only start out once per month, and then hopefully ramp up to either every-other week, or weekly, once the holidays are over with.

Who would be interested in joining the fun?